Announcing the 2021 Award Winners
Our short story judge, Jock Serong announces our award winners.
As Jock notes in his announcement, every single story on the shortlist was masterfully crafted and his decision was in no way an easy one. You can listen to his reflections on the shortlist and judging process in the recording above.
We are thrilled to congratulate Rebecca Howden, Vivien MacJohn and Josh Donellan on their success. And a big congratulations of course to everyone whose story made the shortlist. Well done! Read Rebecca and Vivien's stories by clicking on the titles below.
Announcing the 2021 Shortlist
- The Language of Grace by Jane Turner Goldsmith, Belair SA
- THIRD PLACE - Ava by Josh Donellan, Brisbane QLD
- Prison Bells and Jasmine by Kitty Owens, Coburg North VIC
- Ignorant Armies by Paulette Gittins, South Yarra VIC
- Heat by Margo Daly, East Fremantle WA
- The Consultant by Sean Crawley, Long Jetty NSW
- Jupiter by Ruth Bell, Newtown NSW
- FIRST PLACE - Mine by Rebecca Howden, Kensington VIC
- Even the Silence by Keren Heenan, Montmorency VIC
- Judgement by Kevin Brophy, Brunswick VIC
- Cabin by Jennie Keenan, Burrumbuttock NSW
- Postcards by Leonie Orton, Rosemount QLD
- Rest Periods by Ellen Rodger, Newtown NSW
- SECOND PLACE - Mikey by Vivien MacJohn, Forest Lodge NSW
- Trove Hunter by Roger Vickery, Freshwater NSW