Our Book of the Festival this year is the exceptional novel Blood by Tony Birch. Blood was shortlisted for both the Miles Franklin Literary Award and the Melbourne Prize for Literature in 2012. Tony will discuss his highly praised novel in conversation with our favourite literary critic, Jason Steger, during WAM. Blood is available for borrowing from the LibraryMuseum or for purchase from Dymocks Albury.
Reading List 2013
- The Bedroom Philosopher Diaries Justin Heazlewood
- Blood Tony Birch
- Bloke Bruce Pascoe
- Swerve Phillip Gwynne
- Riding the Black Cockatoo John Danalis
- The Writer's Guide Irina Dunn
- The Lost Woman Sydney Smith
- Chasing the Light Jesse Blackadder
- Ned Kelly: A Short Life Ian Jones
- The True Story of Ned Kelly's Last Stand Paul Terry
- Ellen: A Woman of Spirit Noelene Allen
- Poh's Kitchen Poh Ling Yeow
- Me & Phar Lap: The Remarkable Life of Tommy Woodcock Jan Wositzky
- Elyne Mitchell: A Daughter Remembers Honor Auchinleck
Write Around the Murray Festival 2014
Wednesday 10 - Sunday 14 September
Write Around the Murray 2013Australian Voices was the theme of the 2013 festival, presented over five days from Wednesday 4 to Sunday 8 September.
It was a fantastic festival with increased attendance, some extaordinary events and a wonderfully creative community spirit.
You can read the festival wrap up here, head to our image gallery on flickr here, and read Robyne Young's full acount of the festival on her blog here.
2013 PROGRAM GUIDE
For all the first-hand information on Write Around the Murray 2014, make sure you sign up for the e-newsletter on the left hand side of this page.
Prior to the festival you will receive monthly newsletters about events. You will also be the first to know of any special events or early booking offers.